Thursday, February 19, 2009

First try


This is my first try at making my dog a coverlet.
Maybe that's not what it's called, don't know. I didn't have
a pattern so I made one out of a brown paper grocery bag.
I'm not completely happy with the way this fits, but in the picture I can see what needs to be done to make it fit better.
I've used stick on velcro which I do not like and will either find
the velcro to sew on or think up a different way to fasten it.
I've made this with double fabric sewn together and it would be reversible if the velcro wasn't on it.. I also think if this were a stretchy type of material I would make it so it just slips on with no fasteners needed. Now I'm thinking this would be terrific made out of a nice sleek black shiny vinyl... Would make a neat raincoat. Yep this is only the start of a whole new wardrobe.. by the way. Dog was not enthused.
J

2 comments:

  1. I think it's cute. And I think the raincoat idea is great! Banjo's has a good, only problem is there is no hole for the leash to come through so he can't wear the hood.

    Well I guess you don't have to worry about your dog running away to become a model =]

    ReplyDelete