Sunday, March 15, 2009

Window coverings




I made these toppers when we bought this house a few years back. The whole wall was covered with sheers and heavy floor to ceiling drapes. The walls were dark paneled. It was dark and dreary. I got rid of those old curtains and lightened up the walls. I made the toppers and just inset mini blinds inside the window frames so as not to detract from their shape. I could close the blinds and the dog wouldn't see out but that makes the room dark again. I hate dark rooms. So I want to get the same lace material as I've used on the toppers to make inset cafe type curtains. I will line them with a tan color so he won't be able to see people walking by.. but with the blinds open the top half of the window will let in some light. J

No comments:

Post a Comment